Entry #8: Tonka


My Family's Tonka Trucks

     Tonka is a popular toy brand that makes toys trucks and cars. Many children grew up playing with Tonka trucks and have fond memories of them. According to the Wikipedia article called, Tonka, the brand that makes Tonka trucks started out as a company that made gardening tools called Mound Metalcraft. Mound Metalcraft eventually started to make toy trucks that is how the brand Tonka was born. Tonka trucks are made out of metal and are very sturdy. There was even a point in time when video games were made about Tonka trucks.  The games that were made about Tonka toys were Tonka Construction, Tonka Construction 2, and Tonka Space Station. Tonka is an iconic toy brand that has never failed to make an impact on children's toys. According to the article, 12 Things You Didn't Know About Tonka, the early Tonka trucks were made out of the same grade of steel that was used by automobile manufacturers to make real cars.

    Tonka toys are super memorable and have been around a very long time. According to the article, Tonka: America’s Favorite Toys - Truck Trend Legends, the Tonka brand began in 1956.  Some of their first toys were the steam shovel and the crane and clam. The article also states that Tonka also started making the box vans, semi trucks, dump trucks, wreckers, fire trucks, and forklifts which were all extremely successful toys. Tonka truck are great toys for children to play with in sandboxes and on the floor in their rooms Tonka really is a great toy brand.         

Comments

  1. I got a set of these as a rare gift when I was little. I made sure to place them in a good spot for the future because I thought that it'd be a perfect toy for when I have kids. It is a really good brand of toys. I like how they are made with steal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment