Entry #9: The Impact of Media
In the 21st century, many people use social media. According to the article, Social media's growing impact on our lives, 70% of adults use social media sites. Social media has become a normal thing for many people. In my family, we typically do not use social media. Many members of my family including myself do not have social media accounts. I do not think that social media is important in everyday life. Sometimes, people use social media to communicate information and assume that everyone is getting the information sent. I think that social media can be a good tool for keeping in touch with people you do not see often, but it is different than actually seeing them or calling them. I feel that social media has little effect on my personal life.
With the use of social media increasing, there are many people who have become addicted to social media sites. According to the article, Social media's growing impact on our lives, 81% of teenagers use social media. While many people do not use social media extensively, there are some people who are completely addicted to it. These people use social media all the time. It interferes with the activities of real life such as homework and household chores. They judge their life based on social media influencers or how their posts compare to their friends. Some people even use social media while driving. While social media is good in moderation, it can be dangerous if it takes over people's lives.

I agree with you that social media is extremely powerful recently. There are many good and bad things about social media depending on the users. Therefore, we need to have an understanding before using it.
ReplyDeleteI do not have much social media, the biggest app I have is Snapchat , I don't have Tiktok or Instagram. I find it crazy how kids who are much younger than me will even have a phone, I did not get mine until my senior year of high school. The kids will have a much more updated phone will plenty social media apps like Twitter or Facebook and it just shocks me. I think being raised away from social media is healthier and a better way of growing up.
ReplyDelete